Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Information Design: Work in Progress

So this is a very very rough, highly unfinished work in progress. This covers only 50 years. I haven't even gotten to "post-Modernist" design. That will mean even more lines going everywhere since so many past movements affected them.

Things I must fix:
  1. The arrows
    I drew the arrow heads myself because I wanted the info map to look warm. But now I see that it's making the entire thing look messy. Plus the arrow heads are cluttering everything up.
  2. The starting point (from a design perspective)
    I started with a straight line starting from cubism, because that's the movement that I thought that had the most momentum over other movements. After laying out pre-WWII design history, I realized that Constructivism actually had more influence, which makes me wonder if I should create the linear motion of history with Constructivism as my starting point.
  3. Icons
    Must have colorful icons!
  4. Color Scheme
    I know I definitely want to have a cool, fresh blue. What to pair that with?
We'll see if there are any other suggestions in class tonight.

My head is about to explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment