Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Been Done Before! (Kinda)

My information graphic will be on the history of modern design. After doing almost all of my research, I decided to take a break by sketching out on paper a preliminary of my information map. This is how it looks:

(The horror, the horror!)

This was to get a general idea of how I should place pieces of information in relation to each other. I started looking for artistic movements that had the most arrows (therefore, making it a movement that required lots of space around it for all the other movements in spawned and the movements it was influenced by) and I was the Cubism was a pretty big movement when seen in the information map. Then I realized that there was something familiar about this. Was there some sort of information design revolving around Cubism? I searched, and finally, I found THIS:


Arg! Now I have to try to not make my own info map look too much like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment