Friday, June 11, 2010

Swipe: Typography

I've been really interested in Victorian typography for a while. I attempted to imitate some of it for my senior year final project, but it never got the depth, and I couldn't get the details right. Perhaps I will be a bit more successful with this next project?
I'm not so sure how successful I will be at banners and detailed design elements. We'll have to see once I get started.

I guess I really like this style because so many fonts come together to create a cohesive whole.

I have been searching for days for this. I have seen it several times on TV, and I liked the gridded organization of the text. After gnashing my teeth and wracking my brain, I figured it out in a dream last night (I think this may be the first time I solved a problem in a dream. Hopefully the first of many?)

Cadillac CTS-V 2010


Maybe I'll start out with Victorian, then change over to this modernized grid for the type specimen?

No comments:

Post a Comment