Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Type Specimen - Draft 1





I did not expect to be able to finish this, but here it is!! Yay! And I was able to complete two in one day!

It was very difficult to choose typefaces, first of all. And after you choose them, you have to figure out which ones to use for which lines. Then you have to split the lines and see where they would fit, and how they would fit. Next you would have to play with leading and kerning and tracking to make sure everything lines up neatly. Fortunately, I was getting somewhat faster towards the end.

I thought I would be putting in more ornamentation, especially for the first page. It's a bit bland. I've been staring at it for a while, but I don't know what to do with it. I'll play around with putting borders around the text next time to give it some sort of space to own.

No comments:

Post a Comment